This summer, instrumental music lessons will be offered to children entering grades 4-8. This will provide an opportunity for children to begin an instrument or continue to develop their musical abilities during the summer months. Safety guidelines for performing music will be followed.
Instrumental lessons are limited to the instruments currently offered during the regular school year. Fourth grade students should check with their school’s instrumental music teacher to find out what instrument they will be playing in September 2022. Instruments that are provided by the district MUST be obtained from the school music department that your child will be attending in September 2022.
If you wish to use a school-provided instrument for the Summer Music Program, parents are responsible for requesting and making arrangements to pick up the instrument before the last day of school4
The program runs from:
Tuesday, July 5th through Thursday, July 28th.
Every student will receive three half-hour lessons on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings each week (for a total of 12 lessons).
The lessons will be scheduled between 7:00 a.m. and 11:30 a.m.
Students will be grouped into sections by experience:
-Level 0: Beginners
-Level I: 1 year of experience
-Level II: 2 years of experience
-Level III: 3 years of experience
-Level IV: 4 years of experience
Students with one or more years of experience may be grouped in small performance-based ensembles.
Location: Accompsett Middle School
Confirmations will be e-mailed . Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive an confirmation by June 25.
It is the parent’s responsibility to see that their child is present on the first day of class.
No credit/refunds will be given.
Registration Deadline : June 4, 2022.
If you wish to register multiple students, you will have to complete separate registrations for each student.
YOU CAN REGISTER BELOW!
1. Can I request a specific time for my child’s lesson? What if I can’t get the time I requested We do our best to accommodate all time requests and usually get it within the hour, but scheduling is based on enrollment. If the time scheduled will NOT work for you, you could request a refund prior to the first day of classes.
2. When will I find out what time I'm scheduled for? The schedule is made based on who registers, what instrument they play, and at what level. So time slots can't be given in advance. One week after registration closes the schedule is made and confirmation emails will go out with all the info.
3. I have to miss the first week of class, should I still register? You know your child and you’d be the best judge. If they pick things up quickly then it should not be a problem.
4. I have to miss the last week of class, should I still register? Absolutely! They’ll be able to get a good start and cover the fundamentals that the class has to offer.
5. Is it a private lesson/How many kids per group? No/Anywhere from 3-7
6. Where do I get the instrument from? If the child is playing a district owned instrument they need to get it from the school they will be attending in the fall. Example - 5th grade student going into 6th grade must contact the music teacher at the middle school they will be attending. 4th grade going into 5th grade student contacts the music teacher at their current Elementary school.
Instruments provided by District: Tuba, Euphonium(Baritone Horn), French Horn, Bari Sax, Bass Clarinet, Oboe, Cello, String Bass
You may either use a PayPal account or a credit card to register.
UPON COMPLETION OF PAYMENT, PRESS THE 'RETURN TO MERCHANT' BUTTON TO BE REDIRECTED TO THE STUDENT INFORMATION FORM (STEP 2)
Step 2 requires that you add some additional information about your student (name, instrument, number of years playing, etc.)